Frankfurt

Frankfurt

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sweet Little People



When bicycling around Amsterdam (specifically, in Keukenhof), brightly-colored tulip fields spread before your eyes and sometimes reach as far into the distance as you can see.  Maybe it was my age - a time in life when many start growing their families.  Or maybe it was just the sheer joy that I saw on people's faces that forced my pedals to stop whirring and watch as they relaxed together with those they most loved.  There were old and young families alike, frolicking about the gorgeous, vibrant fields of flowers, enjoying each other, laughing, running, smiling, or simply standing and taking it all in.  Two families in particular caught my eye, and, after striking up a rocky conversation in German with each, I offered to take a few photos.  Lucky for me, they accepted!
This shy little girl captured my heart, with her stoic glances, sweet presence, and independence.  She wanted to do her own thing, and we let her.  Just look at her, secretly pleased with the attention, yet not wanting to admit it.  She warmed up by the end of the short session and was running, laughing, and bouncing about with her older sister!

























Next came two bright boys with carmel-colored hair and grins galore! These two little guys were absolutely adorable and were radiating love for their parents through their sweet cheeks and shining eyes. I could have watched them for hours.  They were thoroughly entertaining.  But, so as not to be a creepy stranger, I simply took a few shots and enjoyed this moment with them and their generous parents.


































Want more?  You can "like" my phototherapie photography Facebook page, and check out the rest of my website at: http://photo-therapie.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment